Overcome a chemical dependency with drug and substance abuse treatment at a high-quality rehab facility. Therapists help you heal from physiological and psychological addiction. What are your care options? How do you know which types of substance abuse treatment centers are right for you?
Look for a Full Continuum of Care
It’s not enough to have a great location with comfortable amenities. One of the most critical aspects of recovery is the continuum of care. The best centers for substance abuse offer medical and clinical treatments. Examples include the following:
- Detoxification with medical supervision as well as pharmacological support for safe withdrawal
- Residential treatment that allows you to live at the facility while you undergo care
- Partial hospitalization as a way to remain at home but spend your days in therapy
- Outpatient treatment, which can be a step-down from inpatient care or a starting place for check-in
- Sober living that benefits individuals who need a half step between program graduation and independent living
A facility that allows for various treatment delivery approaches meets you at your point of need. From there, you move up or down in treatment intensity, depending on your recovery progress.
Evidence-Based Modalities Are Necessary at Substance Abuse Treatment Centers
Experts refer to treatment as evidence-based when it has a track record of helping people heal. These are not experimental care approaches. Similarly, they’re not something that only one center in the country does. In contrast, these are the best practices that accrediting organizations look for.
Examples include the following:
- Dialectical behavior therapy that encourages you to manage hard-to-control emotions
- Anger management in a group therapy setting for positive changes to your trigger responses
- Behavioral counseling as a way to replace adverse actions with healthy coping skills
- Treatment for co-occurring conditions such as mental health disorders that affect substance abuse
- EMDR therapy for trauma care that empowers you to deal with a past occurrence frame by frame
Other possible substance abuse treatment programs include equine therapy and similar experiential approaches. They assist with social skills development, boosts in self-esteem, and coping skills implementation. Most importantly, these therapeutic interventions introduce you to new activities. Some you’ve never tried before.
However, learning new things might be something that you’ll continue after rehab. Consider that you need to restructure your day to focus on sobriety. There will be some blocks of time that you used to devote to substance abuse. Now, you might fill them with the activities you first learned about at the center.
Don’t Wait to Address a Chemical Dependency
You don’t have to wait for a particular time to check into rehab. There’s never a wrong time to get the help you need to heal. Besides that, waiting can put you at risk for suffering health or legal problems because of drug use.
Learn more about the high-quality substance abuse treatment centers in your area today. Caring therapists and knowledgeable intake advisors are just a few phone calls away.